Thursday, September 02, 2004

I don't mean to pick, but... (updated 9/8/04)

Does the Jerusalem Post* need a history lesson? In a post yesterday the Hasidic Musician quoted this passage from the JP: "In his interpretations of biblical commandments, the 17th-century Polish rabbi known as the Chafetz Chaim had harsh warnings against entertaining hateful feelings."

Uh, no. The Chofetz Chaim was late 19th and early 20th century. Not 17th.

The Hasidic Musician's post, of course, scores. A grand slam. Jews shouldn't be glorifying revenge and violence, and songs that glorify revenge and violence shouldn't be packaged and sold like the latest Brittny hit for the kids to groove on.

It's unseemly. It's ugly. Worst of all, its brainless.

Jews are so much better than that.

*Correction: in the original post I criticized the Hasidic Musician, not the JP. I mistakenly thought that he was the one who got the dates wrong. I was wrong. The mistake was actually in the Jp article he cited.

Comments:

Adam:

HM did not say that: HM quoted the Jerusalem Post.  

Ok, so shame on them. If I can find the link to the JP, I'll edit this entry so that sword of damocles points at their pointy heads, and not the Hasidic Musician.  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

It was a tough find. I followed the link to BlogInDm that you provided. Then I followed the link over there.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1094008158686  
Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?