Monday, August 16, 2004

Another email, another story.

Yersterday, an email went around courtesy of the gabbai tzedaka, the administrator of the shteeble's charity accounts. The email asked for donations to help a neighbor who has fallen on hard times.

It was a sad story. Lots of kids. Loss of job. A medical condition. A household emergency, and so on and so forth. It's a measure of the GT's compassion and skill, I suppose, that he aroused my sympathy so completely, without revealing the subject. I prepared a check at once.

Regular readers will remember that our neighborhood has two places to daven, a shul and a shteeble. Later, when I saw the GT at maariv, I suggested sending the solicitation email to the shul members, too.

He blushed.

"I don't think that's a good idea," the GT stammered.

"Why not?"

"Let's not go there," he replied

So rather than going there, I went to L, my native guide and solver of all puzzles. Yes, L is a fake, a phony and a fraud, but that's probably why he has all the answers.

(to be cont.)

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?