Thursday, July 29, 2004
Wonking, huge, double snort
- Does Renee think Jews are too dumb to update the calendar to take into account the Gregorian switch?
- Did Jews "walk" from Spain to North Africa?
- Would it have killed Renee to name even one scholar?
- Why can't Martin see that his own post proves that the expulsion didn't occur on 9 Av? (if Columbus wrote in his diary on August 3/10 Av doesn't that mean July 30, the date of the expulsion, was NOT Tisha Ba'av?
- Why are Renee and Martin so reluctant to accept that sometimes, as Yuter said, Jewish history is about lessons, and not facts?
- Would Renee or Martin be more comfortable in the shul, or the shteeble? As usual, I could argue both sides of this.
I am sure Yuter's post, though it is a year old, will come up this Shabbas. But that's still so much better than talking about Rabbi Schechter and the Monkeys, hey, hey, hey.
Tip and a smile to Cookie for the monkey story.
I have a hard decision to make this weekend: Which do I enjoy more? Yuter's well researched and thought-out post, or your beautifully sarcastic response to those who don't quite "get it." It'll be a very tough choice, because though I love true history and academic studies, I love a good laugh even more. Great job!!
Oh-and I thought it was obvious. The Jews didn't walk from Spain to North Africa, they drove golf carts!